It was announced on 17 March that plans to revise the current legislation around IR35 from April 2020 have been postponed for a year due to the outbreak of coronavirus COVID-19.
The new rules, were intended to shift the onus of determining whether IR35 applied in the private sector from the worker to the work provider. This was anticipated to add much more red tape and potential uncertainty to businesses using the services of contractors.
Given the current climate, this will be welcome news to businesses and a sensible announcement from Government.
If you would like to discuss the above in more detail, then why not drop us a line today.
Other related news:
- Help and support- our Covid-19 Hub
- Help for the Self-Employed
- Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Professional fee protection - legal support helpline
- Our offices may be closed, but you can still contact us
- Statutory Sick Pay FAQs
- Job Retention scheme
- VAT Payments deferred
- Support and options for business right now
- Ready to stand together with our clients
- Time to pay arrangements
- Our services through Covid-19
- Grants and Business Rates Support