The Finalists have been announced for the 2020 Yorkshire Accountancy awards, and we are delighted to be Finalists in five categories - Accountancy team, Corporate Finance team, Support team, Trainee and Managing Partner of the year.
When the 2020 awards were launched at the beginning of 2020, it was a very different environment. The judges met as planned, but in response to the Pandemic, the annual ceremony was delayed. The Finalists have now been announced and we are delighted to celebrate these achievements. The award categories were open to everyone involved in accountancy within Yorkshire, and the awards aim to celebrate the successes of those organisations, teams and individuals who have excelled within the region.
The following criteria needed to be reached, in order to qualify for shortlisting;
Accountancy Firm of the Year
The winning firm will have satisfied the judges that they;
- Provided evidence of the team’s success
- Evidenced their technical ability
- Provided details of the application of innovative ideas
- Demonstrating quality of service for the client
- Provide strong testimonials
Corporate Finance Team of the Year
The winning firm will have demonstrated to the judges that they;
- can provide clear evidence of the team's success
- evidence their technical ability
- demonstrate the application of innovative ideas
- demonstrate quality service for clients
- provide strong testimonials to detail the corporate finance deals accepted
Support Team of the Year
This nomination was put forward to recognise the significance of the work carried out by our IT team, without whom, we would be unable to provide such efficient service for clients. The winning team:
- Credit will be given for evidence of the support team’s contribution to business success
- Demonstrably excellent standards of work
- Dedication to the job and firm
- Include references from senior colleagues
Trainee of the Year
The winner of this award will have demonstrated excellent standards of work and dedication to the job. An individual employed under a training contract, the winner will have been able to demonstrate excellent standards of work and dedication whilst also demonstrating professional development during training. With references from the team and senior colleagues, the winner will have shown efficiency and consistency in their work. Our nomination for Craig Lucas (a member of our IT team) clearly demonstrates all of the above, and we are delighted that his hard work, talent and dedication is recognised by being shortlisted as one of this year's finalists.
Managing Partner of the Year
Andy Irvine was nominated. The winner of this year's award will have provided the judges with;
- Evidence of contribution to the success of their practice in the last 12 months
- Demonstrable leadership and strong management skills
- Dedication to clients
- Non-fee earning, but work related activities – such as marketing, establishing new initiatives and broader contribution to the profession
- Contribution to the community
Managing partner Andy Irvine comments "This has been a year like no other and whilst it is fantastic to be Finalists in five categories, the resilience, ingenuity and commitment shown across the whole firm in supporting our clients has been phenomenal and that is the real success story for 2020. Our IT Team are Finalists in the Support team of the year category, but their role in ensuring that Shorts could continue to operate both effectively and efficiently during lockdown was pivotal to the continuity of service for our clients. 2020 is also the year that Shorts reached our 130th year milestone and whilst we have been unable to celebrate in the way we had planned, we are delighted to have this opportunity to focus both on the strength of our team and to again be recognised for the quality of the service that we provide to local businesses."
We are now very much looking forward to the awards cememony, which this year will take place online, Thursday 3rd December 2020. Good luck to all this year's Finalists.
Other related articles;
- Full list of finalists for this years Yorkshire Accountancy awards
- Shorts win Best Private Client Tax Practice 2020
- Nominated for Dealmakers awards at 2020
Pictured above - Shorts receive the award for Advisory Team of the year at the 2018 award ceremony.